Dental Crowns in Wilmington, DE
There are many reasons why our patients choose dental crowns in Wilmington, DE. If you have yellow or severely stained teeth that you find yourself hiding; or a chipped tooth that needs to be protected, your dentist may recommend a dental crowns procedure for your teeth. Our dentists in Wilmington, DE are highly-skilled in crafting the perfect dental crown for your smile.
A dental crown is a cap that covers all sides of your tooth. It protects your tooth and provides added stability. Your Wilmington, DE dentist will be able to match your dental crown to your existing teeth so that it blends into your smile and looks natural. The entire procedure should take two office visits, and with proper care and maintenance, your dental crowns could last ten years or more.
When Dental Crowns Are the Right Dental Procedure for You
A dental crown can fix various dental issues in Wilmington, DE, including:
- Weakened tooth: If a tooth is weakened because of tooth decay or through injury, it needs extra protection to lengthen the lifespan of the tooth.
- Cracked tooth: Enamel is one of the most durable substances around but can still be surprisingly brittle if you bite down too hard. Dental crowns can prevent further fracturing and hold the tooth together.
- Wear and tear: Normal aging can wear down your teeth, and sometimes improving your smile includes customized caps to revamp your teeth to their previous condition.
- Cavities: Sometimes a cavity is too big to fill without weakening the structure of the tooth.
- Dental implants: Crowns are the top part of a dental implant, the visible portion that people can see when you smile.
- Dental bridges: Dental bridges are an excellent tooth replacement option for one or multiple missing teeth. Dental crowns are used to support the dental bridge and keep your smile looking healthy.
How Long Does the Treatment Take?
Dental crowns typically are done in two visits to your dentist in Wilmington, DE. The first dental appointment involves an oral examination to make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure and to view your oral health. During this visit, Dr. Mark Gladnick will prepare your tooth for the crown by making an impression of your smile. Once your customized dental crown is ready, the dentist will fit the dental crown to your tooth during your next dental visit.
Enjoy Your New Smile in Just Two Dental Visits!
If you have one or more teeth that you wish you could change, call our Wilmington, DE dentist about dental crowns. You could have a brand new smile in no time at all!