I have two grade-school aged children. How do I keep their teeth cavity free?
Here are six steps to stay free of tooth decay:
- Good home care with parent-assisted brushing and flossing.
- Fluoride topically and in water.
- Limited snacking because frequent consumption of starchy foods like crackers, breads, and sweets lead to tooth decay.
- Sealants in teeth with pits and grooves.
- Mouthguards in sports like football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, skateboarding, and gymnastics.
- Regular visits to a dentist.
Additionally, if your children are wearing braces, they still need to have regular cleanings.