Here are six steps to stay free of tooth decay:
- Good home care with parent-assisted brushing and flossing.
- Fluoride topically and in water.
- Limited snacking because frequent consumption of starchy foods like crackers, breads, and sweets lead to tooth decay.
- Sealants in teeth with pits and grooves.
- Mouthguards in sports like football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, skateboarding, and gymnastics.
- Regular visits to a dentist.
Contact Our Wilmington, DE Dental Office
Additionally, if your children are wearing braces, they still need to have regular cleanings. If you have more questions about pediatric dentistry at Drs. Gladnick and Justison, give our friendly dental team a call today and we will be happy to answer your questions.